CHURCH ORGANIST, Part time, salaried position.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Organist shall provide thoughtful worship leadership from the organ for congregational worship.
• Sincere and growing faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Experienced church musician.
• Willingness to be a servant-leader.
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Play for weekly worship services as well as additional services during the church calendar year.
• Rehearse with Chancel Choir on Wednesdays and Sundays, and vocalists/instrumentalists as scheduled.
• Meet regularly with Traditional Worship Director, Pianist, and/or other musicians as needed to coordinate worship planning.
• Accompany performing individuals, the Chancel Choir and ensembles.
• Be available to play for weddings and funerals, as schedule permits.
• Maintain a varied repertoire of service music.
• Assist as needed with special projects and programs of the Music Ministry including seasonal cantatas, concerts, hymn sings.
• Report repair/maintenance needs for the organ to the Traditional Worship Director.
Send resume to Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church, Attn: Karen Alexander, P.O. Box 277, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29597 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.