Ocean Drive Presbyterian Church was organized on April 5th, 1947. Land was donated to the church in 1948 by the McLean family and construction began. The original church (now the youth center) was built at a cost of $23,000.
In the early years of the church, many men and their families contributed time and money to help the campus grow. Other additions were added from 1948-1989.
Ground breaking for the present sanctuary began in 1989 and was completed in 1991.
In 1998, the congregation approved the amount of $3,500,000 for the addition of administrative offices, Sunday school rooms, a Family Life Center and an educational wing to the church.
In November of 2011, after moving the mortgage to another bank, we were able to secure a loan for the balance of the debt in the amount of $369,000 at a rate of only 3.95%.
It is important that the present mortgage be paid off as quickly as possible. Please watch the video above that will explain our mortgage elimination plan “Donate 8”.