ODPC is member of the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians, known as “ECO.”
ECO‘s mission is To build flourishing churches that make disciples of Jesus Christ. At an historic 2015 vote, over 98% of ODPC’s members voted for the church to join ECO and leave the PCUSA.
- ECO churches believe in Biblical Authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- ECO believes that Jesus Christ provides the only way of Salvation. We believe Jesus Christ must be at the center of our lives and making disciples of Jesus at the core of our ministry.
- ECO represents the best ideals of Presbyterian Governance and Practices.
- ECO gives local churches full authority to pursue Missions: locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
- ECO operates with principles of High Trust and Low Control because member churches and their leaders share common beliefs.
- ECO enables Covenantal church-to-church relationships with accountability.
- ECO churches have a culture of unleashing the ministry gifts of women, men, and every ethnic group.
- ECO churches pursue theological education, constant learning, and the life of the mind, and we celebrate this as one of the treasures of our Reformed heritage.
- ECO believes identifying and developing gospel-centered leaders is critical for the church, and a great leadership culture is risk-taking, innovative, and organic.
- ECO believes its congregations should vigorously reproduce new missional communities to expand the Kingdom of God.